I was reading an article from The Wisdom Journal called Retailers Biting The Dust - where you WON’T be shopping in 2009.

That article lists several retailers that could be closing their doors in 2009. It also goes on further to say that if you’re holding a gift card from one of these retailers, it might be a good idea to go ahead and use it now.”

I was discussing this with family over the weekend when I was reading this on my iPod Touch and my impression was that they thought this was a lot of doom and gloom. Like maybe they didnt quite think that this list was a real possibility. We heres some more evidence released this morning that supports at least one of those companies inclusion on the list.

Sprint Nextel Plans to Cut 8,000 Jobs in Quarter
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: January 27, 2009

The job cuts at the wireless provider, which represent about 14 percent of its work force, are aimed at cutting annual costs by $1.2 billion.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments