Debt Free...

Posted by Lance | 11:05 AM | , , , , | 0 comments »

What does debt free mean to me?

It means owing no one, no bank, no credit card company, etc. The Bible has really clear way of saying it in Romans 13:8.

We have also been through Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University (FPU) class and agree with his approach of “debt free except the house.” Or in other words, to exclude the house in your initial steps to achieving debt free living. Later I will review and discuss in great detail Dave Ramsey’s FPU class, the Baby Steps, and where we are at.

Although I have not been through the training by Crown Financial Ministries, I have been a regular listener (podcast) and frequent visitor to their website. They use a Money Map to explain their steps to debt free living. They call the final destination true financial freedom. I really like this phrase and have adopted it myself as our family’s ultimate financial goal. I will discuss this further as I begin revealing our family’s goals and visions.

If you are on your way to debt free living, where are you on the journey? When will you be debt free (except the house)? I’d love to read your comments.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments